Monday 14 May 2012

Joyful and Triumphant... with blisters.



We are home now.. rather red faced from so many hours in the dazzling sun on Dartmoor.. but with a great sense of pride and achievement.


Our boy done good and he and his team limped back to the finish line at 2.55 p.m yesterday, having walked 40 miles on their first day, camping close to their 8th Tor on Saturday night.



 To see them come over the brow of the hill on the last leg of their journey was incredibly exciting and  moving and yes.. we did shed a tear or two. It was impossible not to.



 The crowd that had gathered throughout the morning on Sunday were so supportive and stayed to clap every team that made it back to the finish line.



The Kingswood 55 miles team receiving their gold medals.. Well done boys.


 I wouldn't have missed this for the world. Well done to all of the teams that took part.. you are an inspiration!




Thank you all for your lovely comments of support for my boy's Ten Tors challenge.












8 comments:

Hesta Nesta said...

What an absolutely fantastic achievement, I think I would have shed a tear too Michele, you must be so proud. Congratulations to all who took part.
Jo xx

lemonade kitty said...

You must be ever soooo proud of your lovely boy, congratulations to them all, Lucey x

Ragged Roses said...

Well done H! You must be feeling VERY proud, What a wonderful achievement, glad you got to see them cross the finish line x (from one tomato face to another)
Mx

Jee said...

Well done those boys. A great achievement.

June said...

What a fantastic achievement! I can fully appreciate the tears - I would have been exactly the same!
June

jane and the happy crow said...

The Boy did very good! Yet another wonderful achievement. Wish I had done such a thing when I had young feet! xx

fee @ chipper nelly said...

Hooray for your boy...i can imagine you having a little weep (whether you liked it or not!)
I was just telling #1 about it and he said 'I struggled to walk ten miles....and I only carried my jumper'.
Think the Duke of Edinburgh award is some way off!!!!
fee x

Karen said...

Very behind in reading blogs at moment. Hope Harry has recovered now but what an achievement. Lovely it was good weather but probably made it harder in the heat. Bet you enjoyed being on Dartmoor for the weekend. Karen X