Monday 15 October 2007

Home is where the art is...


__Well here I am at last ... penning my first blog and already anxious that I don't run out of ink too soon !_It was my brother (amongst others 'Thank you Niki and Fiona' ) who prompted me some time ago to start a blog and like using a mobile phone and middle age, I finally succumbed.._I have been fascinated, intrigued, addicted, enthralled, inspired, amused and above all .. full of admiration for all the blogs I have stumbled across and so I thought it high time I joined the world of armchair authors.__Cowboys & Custard was born on January 1st 2007.The name came to me.. maybe in my sleep.. but it evolves from a love of childhood nostalgia. Being a product of the 50's I have a passion for that era..design, graphics, toys, literature (good old Enid)_nursery food.. custard of course! The cowboys part must come from the tomboy that I was and being raised on Bonanza and High Chapparel..__

Just testing the water first.. A bientot

6 comments:

Nonnie said...

So pleased you've taken the plunge. Wanted to be the first to leave you a comment and welcome you to the wonderful World of blogging!

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi M,
So glad to see your lovely new blog joining the blogging community! Welcome!
I hope it leads to lots of sales of your lovely frames and cards - but also brings you lots of enjoyment too!
Have fun!
Niki x
PS: I shall add your link to my blog!

Louise said...

I am a product of the 60s and I love nostalgia from any period. I love children's books and illustration, I have a few books in the loft which I must blow the cobwebs off, I just wish I had more storage to have them on show, and I love Mabel Lucie Attwell, I have a small collection of postcards which I hope to blog sometime. I hope people's love of blogging doesn't wear off too soon as I am really enjoying it too. Louise x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

testing testing 123 is my email working??

Carol said...

Ohhhhh, now I do not remember this door the first time....It is a great old front door and what a perfect image to start with!
Hugs,
Carol xxx

Alexa Lett said...

So glad you tested the water! Great blog...